Think Dirty is the easiest way to learn about the potentially toxic ingredients in your cosmetics and personal care products. It’s an independent source that ...more
Think Dirty is the easiest way to learn about the potentially toxic ingredients in your cosmetics and personal care products. It’s an independent source that allows you to compare products as you shop. Just scan the product barcode and Think Dirty will give you easy-to-understand info on the product, its ingredients, and cleaner options.
• Barcode Scanning: over 125,000+ cosmetics and personal care products majority from Canada and the U.S. are currently in our database.
• Dirty Meter™ a comprehensive rating is given, along with detailed (but easy-to-understand) information on ingredients, certifications, and health impacts.
• My Bathroom Rating: keep track of what’s already in your bathroom. Learn your current bathroom rating, and track your progress on “cleaning” it up.
• Shopping lists: save products to make shopping faster and easier.
• Buy it now: buy product directly from Amazon.com or Amazon.ca
• UPC Submission: Are we missing a product? Scan and submit a barcode for us to look into. For registered users who submitted products, we thank you and will notify you once they are in our database.
As mentioned in:
25+ Apps To Make Your Everyday Life Easier – TED Blog
7 New Beauty Apps You Need to Download Now – Allure Magazine
Fast Company, Huffington Post, TED Blog, Allure Magazine, The Atlantic, PSFK, New York Magazine, New York Magazine, Consumer Reports ShopSmart Magazine, Global News, Toronto Star, City TV, CTV, App Central, Brit + Co, Refinery 29, Telegraph Stella Magazine, The Guardian, Design Taxi, Women 2.0
“It helps me make informed choices on products that I am bringing home.”
– TED Blog Staff, Kyle Shearer
"Tse's quest for greater transparency is personal. Her mother is a breast cancer survivor, so she's sensitive to hidden dangers in the products around us."
– Fast Co. Exist
"Think Dirty miiiight be the best app ever" – Grist
"Buying safe cosmetics has never been easier." – Ecouterre
"Brilliant idea: 'Think Dirty' app tells you the ingredients in your cosmetics."
– Inside.com Jason Calacanis
"Think Dirty is an app that makes figuring out exactly what you’re slathering on your face, lips, bod (and, yikes, then washing down the drain) as easy as snapping a picture."
– Brit + Co.
"An App That Helps You Find the Safest Make-up."
– The Atlantic
"With a tool like Think Dirty, consumers can help find and promote good companies that are using nontoxic ingredients. You shouldn’t have to be a toxicologist to know how to find safer products."
– Janet Nudelman, Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
"I love knowing the health impact of what's on my bathroom shelf. Every consumer of beauty products needs this free app"
– Karina Birch, Founder of Rocky Mountain Soap
As a small team, we are working diligently to accommodate the overwhelmingly positive amount of users' submissions (especially from our EU users) to our database.
We appreciate constructive feedbacks. Please email us at email@example.com if you have comments or suggestions.